Surface Hardening Abrasion Resistance Testing
Abrasion resistance is an important performance requirement in warehouse and industrial floors. Floors can be exposed to quite aggressive actions from trucks and other equipment.
- To carry out abrasion test, 8 test locations are marked on the floor using a machined template.
- Readings are taken at each of the 8 test locations using a digital depth gauge.
- The accelerated abrasion resistance testing machine is bolted into place through pre-drilled fixing holes.
- The machine with its 3 steel hardened wheels and a combined weight of 65kg then rotates 2850 revolutions plus or minus 10.
- After the test the machine is removed and the digital depth readings are taken at each of the 8 test locations again.
Result: The difference between the average two sets of readings gives a measure of the Floors Abrasion Resistance.