Concrete is used in many ways. You can process your floor yourself with a concrete polishing machine in the dry polishing process and bring to a high gloss.It is important to note that if you have no experience in milling or slotting, you should have the work done by a professional craftsman to prevent injury.Let us know the steps of polishing a concrete floor:
- The prerequisite for a good result is extensive cleaning of the concrete surface. Remains of paint, adhesive residue or the like scratch or sand off entirely before polishing.
- Never use water during the entire polishing process, for example, to clean the floor in between. This can cause damage to the concrete.
- Then do a pre-sanding. Use a suitable milling cutter for your polishing machine.
- If you do not have your own polishing machine, you can borrow a corresponding device from a specialist retailer.
- After this sanding, sweep the concrete surface carefully with a broom.
- Now treat the surface with a diamond polishing wheel with a coarse grain size of about 200 to 400. Diamond segments for polishing machines are also available from specialist dealers.
- Now you have to clean the machined surface again with a broom.
- Now follows a diamond polishing wheel with a finer grain size. It is important that you do not immediately polish with the finer grain size. The grain should double with each work step, that is to say, finer.
- Clean the surface again with a broom.
- Decide now whether you are already satisfied with the result, or whether you want to polish again.
- If the result is your wish, use a vacuum cleaner to absorb the fine dust.
You can contact BGSB in case you want to get it done by experts.